Christmas Gift List 2017
There are eight days until Christmas, and for those of us who don't have our gift list solidified, this can be a source of stress. While we don't give gifts just for their own sake, we love that feeling of finding the perfect thing that we feel will be joyfully received. Click through for a list of a few special gifts that we recommend. Mostly edible or food-related (predictable around here), all items on the list are tried and tested by the Pump Street team and all are still available to buy or order for delivery as of Monday 18th December.. From top to bottom:
- A Pump Street Father Christmas for their stocking (£7.50).
- A gold-topped butter dish (£70) from our friends at Feldspar, to go on your breakfast table with your sourdough toast.
- A whole Baron Bigod cheese (£34.10) for the Christmas dinner table (and I'd recommend throwing in some butter, too) from Fen Farm Dairy.
- Nigel Slater's The Christmas Chronicles. Overflowing with charming, simple and considered ideas for celebrating, including everything from decorating to entertaining to winding down. A lovely bedtime read before Christmas. Available from your local bookstore and Amazon (£26.99).
- A subscription is great for last minute buying that will keep giving through the year. We have featured our friends Workshop Coffee's subscription of freshly roasted coffee, roasted and sent out on the same day, delivered weekly, fortnightly or monthly (from £11). Our own Rare Batch offers four bars, two of which are limited or exclusive, delivered and can be sent in batches of one (£20) through six (£100).
- A sourdough baking day! We haven't got any classes on at the moment but we would highly recommend a baking day at either Brick House in East Dulwich or E5 Bakehouse in Hackney. You'd be in good hands (both £150).
- A painting from one of my favourite artists, Alice Sheppard Fiddler. Her still lives and landscapes use gorgeous, evocative colours and strong brushstrokes to bring life and depth. Take a look at her pop up sale on her website.
- Bringing out the Angel Chimes was always one of the most delightful traditions in our family and we love to continue it. Traditional chimes, driven by the heat from four candles, available from Skandium (£16).
You must be logged in to comment